Monday, April 9, 2012

{10 Miles}

It is a good thing I waited a couple of days to write about my 10 miles on Saturday. You might have seen a lot of swear words and quite a few tears.

My 10 miles didn't go as planned.

My GPS wasn't working so I sat around until my phone restarted. By that time some friends stopped by and we chatted for a while.

After they left, my GPS STILL wasn't working. SO ANNOYING. Good thing I mapped out my route a head of time. So I just turned on my music and ran.

I was feeling amazing. My lungs were great, I didn't feel out of breath. And then it happened.

My legs hit a brick wall. 01:43:25. Mile 8. I know the exact location that it happened. I decided to walk a little bit and maybe they would recover. I tried to run again. Nope, not happening. I ending up walking the rest of the 2 miles. It is a good thing Dave wasn't home because I would have called him to come get me.

I got home. 10 miles in 02:03:09. (Not a bad time now that I have had a few days to recover.) I sat in an ice bath and cried. I was so frustrated. If I can't even run 10 miles how am I going to run 13.1 in a few weeks. I'm scared. I want to quit.

And I got a big old fat blister on the inside of my big toe. (note to self...I need a PEDICURE ASAP)

I have expressed my frustration to a few people and they say, "Just be happy you ran 8! That is amazing!" True, 8 miles is amazing but I want more.

So what do I do about it? EAT. I was NOT a good girl this weekend. I ate a lot and the scale showed this morning. Crap. Not looking forward to my weigh in on Wednesday.

Oh well, just another reason to motivate me this week. Take it one day at a time.

A guy at my work is helping me train. I went to him today with my head down in shame telling him what happened. He told me it was perfectly normal and he expected it to happen. YOU WHAT??? Why didn't you tell me!? He wanted me to experience it on my own. But he said next time I go out, my body will know that I want to go further and it will let me.

I hope he is right.

I am feeling better today and ready to kick some running butt this week. The weather is not looking promising, so I might have to do a 10 miler on the treadmill but I am going to do it damnit!

1 comment:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself! I totally get why you were disappointed but 8 miles and 2 more walking are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete